I’ve still been in a bit of a funk over Marie’s unexpected death, so I haven’t felt like I could start writing because I would start crying. Then the keyboard would get wet and I would be electrocuted. Tears and electricity are not a good combination!
Now I know there are those of you reading this and now you are talking to the screen as if I could hear you: “Tina! It’s okay to cry! Get it out! Have at it! Quit trying to hold it all in!” (See? I can hear you!)
It’s not that I can’t cry (I can) or that I won’t cry (I have). After a while you just get tired of crying. With all the losses I’ve experienced in the past five years if I cried every time I felt like it I would never do anything else but cry!
Instead, I choose to take God at his word that he can and will turn my mourning into dancing and that he can and will remove the sackcloth of grief and clothe me with joy.
One of the ways this happens is not to sit in my corner and focus on what I’ve lost, but to stand on my balcony and shout for all to hear that I am blessed beyond comprehension and Jesus loves even me!
Here are some more blessings in no particular order:
- I have a beautiful home that I never imagined I would ever have.
- I get to decorate cakes… and people really like them.
- I get to lead a bible study with the ladies in my department.
- I was blessed by those same ladies with a wonderful gift of their words and love.
- I am married to a man who makes me laugh until my sides hurt and he loves me even when I am completely unlovable.
- I have four beautiful nieces and nephews. I love you Adam, Angel, Lynzi and Elijah!
- My sister, LeeAnne, is one of the most beautiful women I know… both inside and out.
- My Dad keeps me laughing at his antics. I am so glad he is doing well.
- ES- you are a tremendous blessing in my life. How did I ever get so lucky as to have you in my life?
- I got to see Marie the week before she died. I thought I was going to see Tammy and Melissa, but God had other ideas.
I got to tell a non-believer about the blessings of God today.
- Your turn. What are you thankful for this day?